The Nano Sessions connect the people who are interested in nanopublications and who want to learn from each other about the related technologies. Every session consists of two 10-minute talks, discussion, and a news sharing part. See the description for more information.
Knowledge Pixels hosts the first meetings, but we are happy to let others join and become hosts too. Do you want to share some insights, a problem you can’t solve, or a use case you are working on? Send an email to get a slot in an upcoming session.
- All sessions are in this Zoom channel. Anyone can join without registration.
- We use these notes during the sessions and for the record.
- The meetings are open to everyone and invitations are sent out by email. Subscribe to our Google Group by hitting Ask to join group and be notified.
Nano Session #8
12 December 2023, 16:00 CET
- Ronen Tamari on "Researchers are Nanopublishing but Don’t Know it yet: Detecting Nanopublications in Social Media Using Language Models" (Demo)
- Tobias Kuhn on "New Features of Nanopublications: Types and Labels" (Presentation)
Nano Session #7
14 November 2023, 16:00 CET
- Vincent Emonet on "The Knowledge Collaboratory – When Nanodash Is Not Enough" (Demo)
- All on "What You've Always Wanted to ask the Nanopublication Community, and Actually You're not shy, but it was Never the Right Moment, but now it is, so you do it." (Q&A)
Nano Session #6
11 July 2023, 16:00 CEST
- Ronen Tamari on "Open Science Sensemaking: Adding Sensemaking Data to the Scientific Record for Making Sense of Science" (Presentation)
- Erik van Winkle on "Nanosessions #5 follow-up: IPFS CID Overview" (Presentation)
Nano Session #5
13 June 2023, 16:00 CEST
- Erik van Winkle on "Atomic Units of Knowledge in Research Objects: How FDOs Targeting Different Use Cases Can Collaborate" (Demo and Presentation)
- Tobias Kuhn on "Scaling Nanopublications: Considerations on the Long and Short Run" (Presentation)
Nano Session #4
16 Mai 2023, 16:00 CEST
- Stefano Marchesin on "Annotated Data Doesn't Grow on Trees, but Nanopublications Do: Exploiting Nanopublications to Train Relation Extraction Models for Gene-Disease Associations" (Demo and Presentation)
- Barbara Magagna on "The Value of Nanopubs for Representing FAIR Enabling Resources" (Demo and Presentation)
Nano Session #3
18 April 2023, 16:00 CEST
- Vincent Emonet on "Simplifying Nanopublications on the Web with nanopub-js: Browser-Compatible Libraries and Standard Web Components" (Presentation)
- Teodor Georgiev on "What Did my Paper Say? Nanopublications Pilot at RIO Journal Lets Authors Add Short & Precise Scientific Statements to Publications from Across the Research Process" (Demo and Presentation)
Nano Session #2
28 March 2023, 16:00 CEST
- Gianmaria Silvello on "Annotations of biomedical facts: Semi-Automatic Nanopubs and Knowledge Provenance" (Presentation)
- Jorrit Poelen on "How Big is that Bee? On Distributed Publishing of Existing Digitized Specimen Records and Their Derived Knowledge" (Demo and Presentation)
Nano Session #1
28 February 2023, 16:00 CET
- Jorrit Poelen on "What Bee? On Distributed Publishing of Existing Digitized Specimen Records and Their Derived Knowledge" (Demo and Presentation)
- Tobias Kuhn on "Moving from Bench to Dash: Demo of the New Online Mode of the Nanopublishing Tool Nanobench / Nanodash and an Update on Some of the New and Planned Features"